Brought to you by What!Studio and Nexon, Durango is a survival MMO set in the wilderness. Watch the trailer and check out that NAME DROP 23 seconds in!!!
Its sort of really nice to see Vindictus being used to publicize new games - we still need some specifically for us though.
|Strange Traveler...Mysterious DevCat|
Read on for some other juicy news about DevCat.
The game is still in its early stages so not much is known. Durango is set in the past and I'm talkin' way back - yup, the prehistoric era. Back when the girls wore denim jean shorts while hunting for berries and the men rode dinosaurs as they shot them with harpoons...wait what!?!
|Is that a Wrangler?!|
|Yup - Dinosaurs|
Lol this is not your typical pre-historic venture. Think more along the lines of "Survivor" meets "Jurassic Park." Here is what I know:
- Its going to be a mobile MMO game
- There WILL BE Dinosaurs!
- Survival is the key, crafting is likely be be a big aspect
- The elements will challenge the players in Life, Energy and Mental Health
- Working together seems like a major aspect of the game, working to make it against the elements of nature
- There is talk about having the final "perma" death for characters, so although its a mobile game, skill might play a large factor.
|From the Trailer|
Here are the facts:
- DevCat is the developer of Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes
- What!Studio is very clearly listed on the trailer video for Durango
- DevCat is not listed on the trailer
- Nexon will be publisher to both games (MH/Vindictus and Durango)
|Durango - Return to the Wilderness|
Nexon uploaded a video of Durango to its YouTube but didn't add details regarding which development branch is responsible. Until official word comes out saying otherwise, we're going to stick with what we know and that is that "What!Studio" is another internal development branch within Nexon that perhaps nabbed some team members from our original crew.
That may be sad for us with Season 3 coming soon but we have faith that they'll bring us something similar to Season 1. We promise to bring you more info about the relationship between DevCat and What!Studio as soon as details are known..
No word yet on which global entities will publish Durango; though Nexon may be moving to a more centric publishing under NexonM (obile). Stay in the loop on the official site - Durango.nexon.com